ASA seeks an energetic, personable person who enjoys agriculture and the industries that support it. This person must understand and have leadership experiences with youth development in university, 4-H and/or FFA programs
and with show programs and events. This person must also understand the attention and networking required to successfully fundraise and work with the Foundation Board.
The main goals of this position are:
• Youth Programs and Events. Enhance the life skills of ASA’s junior membership through leadership, business, networking, and communication training. Enhance the beef industry awareness of the membership.
• ASF Manager. To take the lead for the fundraising direction and auctions, responsible for interacting and supporting fundraising groups, Foundation promotion and advertising, and to represent the Foundation and ASA at specific fundraising events.
Responsibilities of this position:
• Coordinate and guide AJSA (Junior) Board to be self-sufficient and provide a platform for AJSA members to grow and understand all aspects of the beef industry.
• Coordinate National Classic and provide support and direction for the Regional Classics.
• ASA representation (involvement) with industry youth programs; FFA, 4-H, and other youth programs through universities and other breed associations.
American Simmental Simbrah Foundation Liaison.
• Liaison with the Foundation Board.
• Maintains dialog and supports fundraising groups, projects and programs.
• Correspondence and recognition of all donors/contributors.
• Promotion and advertising through print copy and social media.
• Representative at selected/approved fundraising events.
• In charge of the Annual Fundraiser/Gala.
Full-time Position. Strongly prefer to have employee based at ASA Headquarters in Bozeman, MT. Five or more years’ experience working in the beef industry and with youth programs required. There will be extensive travel with this position.
Salary negotiable. Salary and benefits may be discussed during the interview.