The committees (Activities & Events, Breed Improvement, Finance, Growth & Development, Policy and Procedures, and Simbrah) meet at least once if not multiple times prior to a board meeting. Many topics were discussed from current programs and events to new ideas to advance ASA and its members as leaders in the industry.
Keep an eye on eNews and on ASA’s website for notices of these meetings – the public is welcome to listen in. At times the chairman will open the discussion to all attendees for feedback. You’ll be surprised by the breadth of topics and programs each committee handles. As always you are invited to attend any board meeting.
2. Starting with this PTP Show Season (2021-2022) – there are five Major PTP Shows. Cattlemen’s Congress has been recognized as a Major PTP Show.
3. Fort Worth Stock Show & Rodeo is this year’s National Show. The National Show rotation order is: American Royal, North American International Livestock Exposition, National Western Stock Show, Cattlemen’s Congress, Fort Worth Stock Show, and Rodeo.
4. Starting with PTP Show Season (2021-2022), animals may earn Ring of Champions (ROC) points at each of the five Major Shows. However, the final ROC Standings will be determined based on points earned at a maximum of four events, with the lowest point total being dropped if all five Major Shows are attended.
Growth and Development. Chairman, Barry Wesner
1. An ASA Young Adult Leadership Program to be held in the Oklahoma City, Oklahoma area has been approved. The
event is planned for 2022 – watch for more details.
Policy and Procedures. Chairman, JW Brune
1. Digital Certificates are available for animals under your membership! ASA will provide two options for certificates:
the paper certificate and now a digital certificate. If you are the owner of the record for a registered animal you are now able to download a pdf document to print.
Exhibitors: help us get the rules changed where the event either accepts the electronic copy (viewing the certificate
electronically through Herdbook – the official record) or the digital certificate pdf printed by you.
‐ Enter the registration number
‐ If Herdbook matches the owner of the record to the member account used to log in; you’ll see a box labeled Digital Certificate (just below the pedigree).
‐ Click on Digital Certificate and a pdf file will download; click to open the pdf file to see (and print) the digital certificate.
Note: Phasing out the option to have a certificate produced, scanned, and then emailed. Staff will encourage you to either select a paper certificate mailed by FedEx or UPS or for you to download the digital certificate. By September 2, 2022, the scan and email option will no longer be available.
- Created: 22 August 2021
- Hits: 425